This adorable jewelry dish made from polymer clay is great for holding small baubles and earrings that can easily get lost. I especially like to keep it in the bathroom as not only a piece of décor, but a place to put my jewelry during a shower (I’m terrified of my earrings falling down the sink drain!).
What you’ll need:
- Polymer clay
- Rolling pin
- Small shallow bowl
- Knife or clay tools
- Acrylic paint (optional)
- Clay glaze (optional)
- Preheat oven to 275°F (130°C)
- Knead polymer clay on a cutting board until soft. Then roll out till about ¼ inch thick.
- Place the top of the shallow bowl on the rolled clay and press lightly to make a circle imprint.
- Using your knife or carving tools, cut a fish shape around the circle. Apply detailing as desired.
- Carefully remove the fish design and press into the shallow bowl.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Allow to cool for ten minutes after removing from oven.
- Use acrylic paint to apply color and design followed by clay glaze to achieve a glossy finish.