I’ve been in love with the bib necklace trend this year. They’re prominent statement pieces that can amp up an outfit.
Prada, Chanel and YSL make beautiful embellished bib necklaces that can cost a pretty penny. You can make a bold neck piece that is gorgeous, unique and will cost you less than $10 with my bib necklace tutorial. It’s easy…
Below are examples for two different types of bib necklaces. For one of them, I used embellished fabric pieces picked up at Dressew in Vancouver (all the pieces together were $5!!). The other necklace I used old earrings (hinges removed) and a necklace pendant that I no longer wear, this a great way to recycle and reuse old costume jewelry.
What you’ll need:
- Decorative items: embellished fabric/costume jewelry pieces
- Fabric glue
- One sheet of felt
- Ribbon (approx. half a metre)
- Arrange the decorative pieces on the felt in the shape and style of your preference.
- Once you have put together an arrangement you like, glue the pieces on to the felt.
- Once the glue is dry, cut out the embellished shape. Cut two bits of ribbon and glue them on the back of each side of the felt.
- Voila, You’re done! Make sure glue is dry and settled before you try on your work of art.
This month’s issue of People Style Watch features a bib necklace in the “Guilt-Free Shopping’ section for $40. My bib necklace above costs $8.67!