Alert all commands. This easy recipe for Fluffy Banana Pancakes griddled with adorable Williams Sonoma Star Wars pancake molds are sure to please your little Padawans on Star Wars Day.
- 1 cup, all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons, white sugar
- 2 teaspoons, baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon, salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup, milk
- 1 teaspoon, vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons, vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons, butter/margarine
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- Combine flour, white sugar, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, mix together egg, vanilla, milk, vegetable oil and bananas.
- Stir flour mixture into banana mixture; batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Melt butter/margarine to grease the pan. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. If you are using pancake molds, make sure to also grease the molds a little (they are non-stick steel but I find the batter still gets stuck), place them on the griddle first and pour the batter into each mold. Cook until pancakes are golden brown on both sides; serve hot.
I hope these pancakes are an intergalactic hit in your household as it is in mine. May the FOURTH be with you!