My love of fried chicken is unconditional. If I could eat it everyday I think I just might! But my hips would strongly disagree. In search of a somewhat healthier alternative to conventional fried chicken, I came across a recipe for Oven Fried Chicken using pancake mix.
Intrigued I decided to try the recipe with some minor adjustments.
- 2 tablespoon, butter or margarine
- 1 cup, pancake mix
- 1 1/2 teaspoons, Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 1/4 teaspoons, salt
- 1/4 teaspoon, pepper
- 6 chicken drumsticks (drumsticks are my favourite cut! Feel free to adjust to your own preference)
- Heat oven to 425°F. Lather each drumstick with butter/margarine.
- Combine pancake mix, Old Bay, salt and pepper in a medium-sized bowl. Coat each drumstick with the dry mix.
- Place on baking dish and bake for 25 minutes; turn chicken. Bake about 15 minutes longer.
- Let cool for 3 minutes and serve.
What’s your favourite chicken recipe?